Sports Provision Statement
- During the 2015-16 academic year St Cuthbert Mayne Catholic Primary School has continued to offer a wide variety of sports and clubs both inside and outside curriculum time. All children are actively encouraged to participate in at least one hour of physical activity each day.
- All physical education and sporting activity is based upon the seven Olympic values of Friendship, Respect, Courage, Equality, Determination, Excellence and Inspiration.
- Money has been spent wisely on the continual professional development of our staff, observing and joining in with cricket and rugby specific lessons shared by local sports groups.
- All children have access to a wide range of sports clubs including football, netball, cross country, athletics, basketball, street dance and swimming.
- St Cuthbert Mayne Catholic Primary School competes in the Godalming District Primary School Sport Association (GDPSSA). This year pupils within Key Stage two have performed very well competing in football, netball, swimming & cross country events. A particular success has been children who won medals at the cross country event in February.
- During 2014-15, the School received partial funding from Sport England in order to fund a project to further maximise sport at the school, making use of the small amount of space we have. As a result a new multi-sports facility has been created. This includes markings for a variety of games as well as those needed for football and basketball. This is now used during break times, lunchtimes, physical education lessons and after school clubs.
- In September 2014, St Cuthbert Mayne Catholic Primary School achieved the Sainsbury’s School Games Mark due to its commitment to the development of competition across the school and into the local community. Sport is supported and championed by a number of children, staff and parents.
‘I am extremely proud of the achievements of all of our pupils during every sporting academic year. Sport is greatly valued at St Cuthbert Mayne Catholic Primary School and every teacher values the sporting achievements of all of our children.’
Mr M Kemp - Sports Co-ordinator
To read about our Sports funding please click here.
To read information about the impact of our Sports funding - click here